Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3

I planned to get up early this morning and go to the temple again.  That didn't happen.  You can't make a morning girl out of a night owl in one day...even if the night owl has amazing, service oriented intentions.  5 am really did me in and I am still recovering.  Thankfully, Jeremiah served me today, came home early and I was at the temple at 4:45 pm. 

This is an interesting journey, even after only three days.  I think that I built this idea up in my mind so much that I'm not sure that all of the grandiose results and feelings are even realistic.  I am feeling a little disappointed that I am not having more "warm fuzzies" as I go about my service.  Don't get me wrong, I feel good and I know that what I am doing is a good thing.  I guess in my mind, and as I stated on Day 1, it was all supposed to be AMAZING.  Really, I don't even know what that means.

As I drove to the temple this afternoon, I thought about a blog I read a week or so ago.  I shared it on Facebook and I want to share it here, too. Click Here to go to DROPS OF AWESOME.  This girl's perspective and lesson have changed my thinking.  Each little act of service is a Drop of Awesome in my bowl.  And when life is all done, Christ will fill in what I lack.  Amazing.  Forget the things I don't do and the things I do that I shouldn't.  Just focus on the Awesome.  I was also thinking about how I need to teach this to my children.  Their lives will be so much better for this understanding. 

So, I guess what I am saying is that my 40 Days of Service experience doesn't have to be AMAZING...because each day I am adding to my AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment